Claremont Asphalt is committed to minimising the impact of our operations upon the environment and continually reviewing and improving our methods and operating procedures to further reduce this impact wherever possible. Protection and preservation of the environment is an integral part of our management system as is the encouragement of all our stakeholders to pursue and develop similar strategies.
To this end our Company Policy is to:
- Support and comply with the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice;
- Continuously improve our environmental performance wherever the opportunity arises;
- Implement appropriate pollution and waste management process at all work locations to effectively avoid or minimise pollution and reduce waste;
- Recycle or reuse excess or waste material wherever possible;
- Regularly monitor the effectiveness of environmental controls implemented at work locations and ensure shortcomings are addressed quickly and effectively;
- Ensure all employees understand their responsibilities in regard to environmental controls and are able to undertake their work in a manner that supports the Company Environmental policy;
- Ensure sub-contractors engaged on Company sites to operate in accordance with our Environmental Policy and give preference to suppliers who support our environmental aims;
- Establish measurable objectives and targets for environmental management;
- Provide community access to the Company Environmental Policy though our website. Community feedback will be considered and any reasonable suggestions implemented; and
- Conduct periodical and ongoing systematic audits to identify and eliminate and/or control those conditions or work practices potentially harmful to the environment.
Work, Health & Safety Policy
It is company policy to supply and maintain, within the full extent of the law, and in the interest of the health and well-being of its employees and workers, the safest possible working environment at each work location such that the work is performed in the most efficient, profitable and practical manner. All employees have a responsibility to follow safe working procedures and to report any safety hazards.
All Claremont Asphalt activities will be conducted with every reasonable effort to make them Safe for employees, contractors, sub-contractors, clients, the general public and visitors.
The following steps shall be taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all stakeholders:
- Work Health and Safety training and education;
- Commitment to the prevention of injury and ill health;
- Role, task and location specific training;
- Risk Assessment and Management through workplace design and JSEAs/Site Specific Safe Work Method Statements;
- Safety and Workplace Consultation at all levels;
- Provision of Personal Protective Equipment and development of Emergency Procedures;
- Reporting and investigating of incidents, illnesses and dangerous incidents;
- Establish measurable objectives and targets for health and safety;
- Conduct periodical and ongoing systematic audits to identify and eliminate and/or control those conditions or work practices potentially harmful to workers;
- Produce statistical reports and review safety performance on projects quarterly, identify key areas for improvement based on performance and feedback and improve processes to achieve the highest standard possible;
- Review the Safety Policy at least annually or any time there has been a serious Incident in consultation with the workers; and
- Commitment to at a minimum comply with all legal requirements.
Claremont Asphalt are committed to providing personal and professional service to all clients.
Claremont Asphalt aims to surpass customer expectations in the areas of capability, expertise and response together with cost effectiveness.
All management and workers are committed to this quality policy and full compliance with ISO9001:2015, relevant legislation, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards; and Customer requirements.
Achieving this quality is a team responsibility. All management and workers are committed to the following:
- Providing adequate resources to ensure continuous improvement of the quality management system;
- Establishing and maintaining effective quality management processes and fostering a culture of continuous improvement through training, planning and good communication;
- Ensuring all staff are competent and qualified to carry out their roles in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Conducting annual Internal Audits of the Quality Management System contained in the QSE Manual to identify and eliminate and/or control those conditions or work practices potentially detrimental to a quality outcome;
- Reviewing our quality policy, processes and procedures at least annually to ensure effectiveness of the overall management system;
- Reviewing our performance against measurable quality objectives quarterly and identify key areas for improvement based on performance and feedback; and
- Review all non-conformances and implement review findings to ensure highest possible quality standards are maintained.