While they may not consciously think of it usually the first thing your customers notice when visiting your business is the parking or lack of which is sometimes the case.
New Carpark Construction
A properly constructed and well-planned asphalt carpark will last over 20 years and when properly maintained, the upkeep won’t cost much or cause much disruption to your business.
It is essential to get it right from the start. The asphalt is only as good as the base it is laid on and there are other factors to consider.
- Adequate drainage must be installed to avoid flooding or pooling of water which over time will damage the surface.
- Kerbs will retain garden beds and traffic islands.
- Traffic flow needs to be considered as well as disabled access to make the most out of space available and safety of all users.
- Line-marking will direct the flow of traffic and direct people to where you want them to go.
Keeping Maintenance Costs Down
You may have plenty of car bays available but with potholes throughout the car park, this can be both hazardous and unsightly.
Another problem for many commercial businesses is tree root damage. We all appreciate and need trees in our car parks, but often the wrong species have been planted many years ago and now tree roots are causing havoc with asphalt and kerbs.
Delivery and rubbish trucks often run into kerbs breaking them and turning in tight locations several times a week causing damage to the paving.
Many businesses have a contractor who regularly performs cost-effective repair work to suit their budget and to minimise hazards and disruption.
Here are some suggestions on ensuring you’re maintaining carpark as best as possible:
- Cutting out and properly repairing potholes and damaged areas before they increase in size. Making a plan for areas of concern.
- Repair tree root damage and sometimes realign kerbs to accommodate growing roots. Install liners for new trees to encourage roots to grow down.
- Ensuring drainage is adequate and attending to any areas of concern early. Any pooling will in time cause damage to the surface and needs to be rectified. Soak wells need to be cleaned out regularly to work efficiently.
- New line marking can refresh a tired looking car park
Asphalt Installation and Repair
At Claremont Asphalt we can help with the construction of your new car park from start to finish or the maintenance of your old one. Get in touch with the team today for expert advice and an obligation-free quote!